Articles on this Page
- 11/01/14--09:17: _Upload day!
- 11/20/14--17:13: _General Updates
- 11/21/14--07:14: _Introductory Sale
- 12/12/14--16:09: _So I’m renaming my ...
- 12/19/14--18:04: _Paperbacks!
- 03/21/15--14:58: _Cover Reveal and St...
- 05/24/15--07:59: _Fate has been Fixed!
- 05/29/15--13:02: _Fixing Fate Release...
- 11/10/15--10:42: _General Updates, No...
- 11/23/15--07:13: _Cover Reveal: Heart...
- 04/12/16--09:47: _“Heart’s Blood” Rel...
- 01/14/17--10:32: _Author Check-in, Ja...
- 02/20/17--15:00: _Gameplay, Storytell...
- 03/31/17--16:45: _Dear March 2017, Do...
- 04/27/17--14:59: _Author Influences: ...
- 04/29/17--08:44: _Monthly Author Chec...
- 05/01/17--10:37: _Coming Soon: The Pr...
- 05/31/17--14:39: _Monthly Author Chec...
- 06/03/17--06:54: _Mythic Storytelling...
- 06/07/17--15:45: _Wonder Woman of My ...
- 11/01/14--09:17: Upload day!
- 11/20/14--17:13: General Updates
- 11/21/14--07:14: Introductory Sale
- 12/12/14--16:09: So I’m renaming my book series
- 12/19/14--18:04: Paperbacks!
- 03/21/15--14:58: Cover Reveal and Status Updates for “Fixing Fate”
- 05/24/15--07:59: Fate has been Fixed!
- 05/29/15--13:02: Fixing Fate Release Day!
- 11/10/15--10:42: General Updates, November 2015
- 11/23/15--07:13: Cover Reveal: Heart’s Blood
- 04/12/16--09:47: “Heart’s Blood” Release Day!
- 01/14/17--10:32: Author Check-in, January 2017
- 02/20/17--15:00: Gameplay, Storytelling, and the Choices We Make
- 03/31/17--16:45: Dear March 2017, Don’t Let the Door Hit You on the Way Out
- 04/27/17--14:59: Author Influences: The Mural of My Voice
- 04/29/17--08:44: Monthly Author Check-In: April 2017
- 05/01/17--10:37: Coming Soon: The Private Life of Jane Maxwell
- 05/31/17--14:39: Monthly Author Check-In: May 2017
- 06/03/17--06:54: Mythic Storytelling, and the Everyday Hero
- 06/07/17--15:45: Wonder Woman of My Heart
We just finished uploading The Lady of Souls to Amazon, the first stop on our trip for the day! I don’t know yet when the retailers will make the book available for purchase (some of them might take a few days), but I will make links live on the front page of my website as […]
So if you’ve been following my Twitter feed at all, you’ll know that the paperback copy of my book is very close to being done. And if you haven’t, hey–the paperback copy of my book is very close to being done! We got the first proof copy last week, and after a few hours *cough*afullday*cough* […]
In celebration of Black Friday coming up and all things shopping, PLUS the fact that the paperbacks are almost ready to be released, I’m pleased to announce my very first Big! Splashy! Sale! extravaganza. (Is that enough buzzwords? No? Eh, I’m new to book marketing, what can you do?) Starting TODAY, The Lady of Souls […]
I realize that it’s kind of an unusual thing to do after the book has already been released, but the truth is that I it was never supposed to be the final series title. It was a production name, created as an artistic choice that amused me, and NOT designed with marketing in mind. But […]
The final proof has been approved! You can already order it straight through CreateSpace if you like, and it will start showing up in the first other online retailers (like Amazon) in a few days. Excuse me while I do some spontaneous dancing.
Let’s start with what you’ve really come here for: Am I allowed to take a second to squee about how much I love this cover? Because seriously, I LOVE this cover! The hat has a huge significance to the book, as anyone who has read even a little bit into the story will be able […]
Or has it? I suppose that would be telling. 😉 Nevertheless, Fixing Fate is DONE, and will be releasing this week in both ebook and paperback. I’ll be making an announcement post on the actual day that it drops, so watch this space. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm during the wait! I’m really […]
And we’re off! Fixing Fate is uploaded to all major retailers, and the ebook has already popped up as available for purchase on most of them. Paperbacks usually take a little bit longer to show up, but don’t worry, they’re on their way just the same. Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Google Play Kobo Smashwords […]
Hey all! Just a quick post to let everyone know that I am totally still hard at work over here, and what to expect from me over the next several months. FIRST: Never fear, Heart’s Blood (the Beacon Campaigns #3) is coming right along. Ideally, I wanted it out at the end of this year, […]
Revolution is in the air It’s springtime in Monfort, and unrest is stirring everywhere. Shops are closing, trust in the Crown is faltering, and support for Pon Lanali’s anti-magic rhetoric is growing by the day. But for Kaedrich Mannly, it’s all background noise: between classes at the academy of arms, work, independent studies, and a […]
GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! “Heart’s Blood” is finally done, and is appearing NOW in all of the usual online retailers. Ebook and paperback are both out, and if they’re not up on your favorite bookstore yet, they will be soon. I’m sorry that it took longer than I anticipated, and doubly sorry that I left you […]
I need to acknowledge, both publicly and to myself, that I really am not good at blogging. I know: obvious statement of the year, right? I should know this by now. I have, after all, been maintaining on-and-off web presences in various forms and on various places around the internet since the dinosaur era, when […]
Recently I downloaded a new game to my phone: Choices, by a company called Pixelberry. I did this in part because I skimmed an interview with one of the Pixelberry team members, and it caught my attention, but mostly I downloaded it because I am a sucker for choose-your-owns. I cannot even count how many […]
So here’s the thing: March was a disaster of a month for me. Between a family member being in the hospital and the crappiest weather possible and car repairs and a thousand little headaches, these past 31 days have taken 31 years. Which sucks even more than it should have, because JUST before this all […]
I’ve been thinking recently about all of the things that can influence a person. Because none of us becomes a writer in isolation, and every book that we read adds something to our experiences—but some of them do a little bit more than that. Some of them speak to us so deeply that they add […]
What I’m Writing: The Private Life of Jane Maxwell What I’m Reading: The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore / The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas What I’m Loving: NBC’s Powerless, which is vastly underappreciated. WIP Excerpt “Hey, but on the plus side,” Cal said, with entirely too much cheer, “you’re in […]
It is with very great pride that I introduce to you my next book. Ladies and gentlemen and otherwise specified… The Private Life of Jane Maxwell! Some people are born to greatness, others have greatness thrust upon them… and some are just drawn like that. As the creator of a popular new comics franchise, Jane […]
What I’m Writing: The Private Life of Jane Maxwell, super-detailed line edits. What I’m Reading: The Twenty-Sided Sorceress by Annie Bellet What I’m Loving: Loop Habit Tracker (see below) WIP Excerpt When Jane was fifteen, she almost died. This isn’t an exaggeration. It wasn’t that she was caught doing something and that her mom was […]
As an author with a brand new superhero book coming out, I’m finding myself acutely aware of any and all references to superheroes and comics. Which, let’s be honest, is so many—and I love it. I love the obsession with larger-than-life heroes, I love the spectacle, I love the hype. I am so annoyed that […]
Turns out that I was not, in fact, prepared to watch a solid, female-led superhero movie as a woman. When I was growing up, I didn’t give much (if any) thought to sexism. This was my privilege, as a child of the 1980s. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the women who came before, all […]